Saturday, March 29, 2014

You'll Have the Best

Things are changing in my life.  Rapidly.  I'm scheduled to undergo a Roux-en-Y gastic bypass procedure soon.  While I am definitely a large woman, I am not the size most patients who undergo this procedure are.  I am having the procedure to cure a dangerous acid reflux condition, obstructive sleep apnea, and yes, to lose weight.  Because surgery is close, I am on a liquid diet...rapid weight loss which allows the liver to shrink and move away from the stomach.  It's not pleasant, but it has to be done.

Excuse the shadows.  It's dark in my kitchen.

To you, this may look like a picture of an ordinary homemade blueberry muffin.  Perhaps this means nothing to you.  But, folks, what you're looking at is love.  Pure love.  I made a dozen home-made, 100% from scratch, delicious looking blueberry muffins for my babies today.  I can't even lick the tops.  My mother never once made homemade muffins, even when she could eat them.  Love, I say.  I hope they realize how blessed they are.  (Of course, I'll remind them a million times as they grow.)

No comments:

Post a Comment