Saturday, March 22, 2014

So Dramatic

Things I don't like.  (In no particular order.)

1. Subbing in Elementary schools.  Too many duties. No, I do not want to stay beyond my contracted time to walk children across the street in the rain/snow/freezing-ass-cold.  Also, opening a billion milk cartons during lunch duty is shitty.  Elementary teachers deserve better pay.

2. Chevy. The car brand, not the actor.

3. Country music.  The older I get, the less tolerance I have for it.  (However, I still love classics.  I'll listen to Marty Robbins, Patsy Cline, and Loretta Lynn any day.)

4. Most men. Except my Daddy. And you, male reader.

5. People who begin a conversation with, "You wanna talk about Abraham Lincoln?"  Seriously, this happened yesterday.

6. One word: Broccoli.

7. Human food troughs. (Buffet = eeewwww.)

8. Picking battles.  I would like to fight every one.  But, I've learned that's pretty stupid. So, now I don't play no game that I can't win.

9. Rap music.  Specifically, rap music full of cursing and hate.  Unnecessary.  Why would anyone want to listen to that? Yet, it's wildly popular in the high schools I work in.  The old stuff was great.  Run DMC.  BEASTIE BOYS! Even Vanilla Ice was better than this crap.

10.  Those folks offended by my list.  Get over it.  It's not about you.  If you like one of more of these things, hooray for you.

11. Small town people with small minds.  I'm surrounded by those people.  In this town, whether you are "from" here is incredibly important.  "From here" requires having gone to the local school. Living here for 10 years apparently does not make someone "from here."

12.  Children sitting in the front seat of cars.

13.  The usual:  starvation, oppression, war.

14.  1AM trains that wake my boys up.

15. Doing the dishes.  It's the worst chore.  And soon, it shall belong to the children.  Maniacal laugh* 


I may be a little grumpy this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment