Sunday, September 29, 2013

Mamma's Gonna Keep Baby Healthy and Clean

Last night, the Gano 5 loaded up in our minivan and headed to the Coshocton County Fair.  The fair is always a good time, but can be quite challenging if, like me, you are mildly germ phobic.  John would say my fear is intense, but, since I've yet to shave my head or wear latex gloves in public, I'm sticking with mild.  I try not to force my crazy issues on the children, but at a germapalooza like the fair, it gets the best of me.

I learned a lot about myself last night.  I learned that I am a mother who will wait in line with her children to ensure that they do not shove their ways to the front.  I learned that, if your child pushes mine out of the way to cut the line, I will say, "I'm sorry, but my children were in front of you."  I learned, if you are a mother who tells your child, "That's okay, you're bigger than them.  Go ahead,"  I will tell you it's not okay.  If you then say that I should never speak to your little girl that way, I will think you're bat-shit crazy because, "I'm sorry, but my children were in front of you," is not offensive or out of line; your school-aged child should know better.  AND, if you then light up a cigarette while in line for a children's ride, I will judge you. That's me, ya'll:  Judgie McJudgeston.

I learned I'm a little overprotective.  Not this overprotective, but more than I thought I was. Despite the germs, line cutters and smokers in kiddie land, and the constant hand-washing, we had loads of fun. Here are some pics.



Everyone rode the carousel...even Jonah!  This was huge for him.  He's been afraid of it, opting for the bench rather than a horse.  I wish I could have shot a better pic of him. 


A sincere smile...hard to capture from her. 


John rode the crazy bus. The kids loved it and the carny was kind enough to give them an extra long ride.


The boys were convinced this was 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar.' 



The kids really enjoyed the fun house.  Jake was lost inside for a bit, but big sister fished him out. 





The boys liked sitting back to back.  While they were on the ride, I noticed the guns pointed at the other kids.  I really don't like that. Batman doesn't kill people.  I told John how much it displeased me.  I bet you heard his eyes roll. 



I rode the helicopter ride with Jacob.  This happened.  I can't believe I captured his silly personality.  He's a fun kid. 


We spent $80 at the fair, which isn't a lot compared to what some families have to spend.  My point is, this was the biggest thrill they had.  Who doesn't like standing under the hand dryer? 



Wanna know what else I learned?  The fair is a lot of fun when you're a kid...but it's way more fun to play there with your own kids. 



No comments:

Post a Comment