Friday, June 22, 2018

You're the Ship that Kept Me Afloat

It's been awhile since I last visited you, dear friends.  Why?  Life, yo. 

I met someone.  A really important someone.  You guys, I met my person.  My person.  And in less than a year we went from meeting to dating to buying a house together.  I'm gonna marry him.  And - get this - take his last name. *Gasp*

But, falling in love is not the subject of this post.  You see, this is my final post.  I started this blog as a way to pass time and hold adult conversation (even if one-sided) while raising my 3 children.  I gave you a glimpse into the frightening, but funny, mind of a survival mom.  I was just trying to get by and, for years, you helped me.  But, I am no longer a survival mom.  I am thriving and this blog has come to close. 

I left my ex-husband over 3 years ago and moved to a tiny apartment in a neighboring town.  I was so scared.  I had never been on my own.  I went from my father's house to a dorm room to Jack's house.  But, Jack was drunk 24/7.  Things were so bad we couldn't stay at Jack's house any longer.  I couldn't allow our children to live like that. 

It wasn't  a palace, but it was home. I finally grew up here.  
The closet over the stairs was the dragons' favorite hangout.  


The kids and I were sad and broken when we moved to the tiny apartment.  It didn't take long for my little dragons to bounce back and have a new normal.  But I was mess for quite some time.  I was very much a child when I moved to the apartment. 

And you know what happened?  I grew up there.  I learned to live on my own.  I learned to rely on only me.  I learned that I had the stuff to raise 3 kids, pay all the bills, provide experiences, and even find happiness.  And that's where I am today.  A fully capable, intelligent, passionate, (dare I say sexy?) fully-grown woman. 

So, this is goodbye to Mind of A Survival Mom.  I'm moving on to other projects.  Bigger, better things.  I'm no longer missing what this blog helped provide. 

I have everything.  And I'm Not Broken Anymore



***psst....New Blog Coming soon***

No comments:

Post a Comment